Thursday, April 7, 2011

American Idol - Top 9 Results

The Top 9 American Idol contestants performed songs from Inductees of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame last night. All an all it was a good night. Everyone did a good job according to the judges, there were still a few that I didnt like, but thats usual! Gwen Stefani dressed the contestants, and Will.i.am help mentor them.

Jacob Lusk: "Man In The Mirror" by Michael Jackson
He was originally going to sing "Lets Get It On" by Al Green, but changed his mind because he didn't want to sing a song about having sex. Yet, ironically he was pelvic thrusting like no one's business through out the entire performance. He is not one of my favorites, he does the same type of song week after week. He did however get to sing with the original writer of "Man In The Mirror", which must of been so cool! I predict that he may be in the bottom 3 this week.

Haley Reinhart: "Piece Of My Heart" by Janis Joplin
I have been uber impressed with her lately, she was never one of my favorites, but last night she killed it!!! It was soooo good, she was definitely in her element. She picked the perfect song for her voice, everyone pretty much predicted that she would/ should sing that song. I think she will definitely make it through to next week, and if she doesn't, there is something wrong with the world!

Casey Abrams: "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Casey, like Jacob also changed his song choice. He was originally going to sing a Sting song, thank goodness he didn't, CCR is so much better!! I'm not a big fan of his, but he sang a CCR song and he brought out the upright bass, which is pretty cool. I just don't like his awkward growling or the faces he makes when singing. He is just creepy. The judges loved it of course, he will most likely be safe.

Lauren Alaina: "Natural Woman" by Aretha Franklin
My fave contestant did a good job with what the judges said was the hardest song of the night. I was kinda surprised she picked this song, but I thought she did pretty good, she hit some killer notes in that song! She could of performed a little bit more with that song, but other than that, I think and HOPE she makes it to next week. I don't think a girl deserves to go home today!

James Durbin: "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by George Harrison
James took a risk doing a ballad tonight, but it paid off for him. He is good, but he is not my cup of tea. He reminds me to much of Adam Lambert, and I hated him! Everyone was surprised that he did a ballad on Rock night, but I predicted that he was probably going to change it up a bit. The song was clearly very emotional for him, he will definitely be safe.

Scotty McCreery: "That's Alright Mama" by Elvis
My man Scotty did an Elvis song. Surprise surprise! I thought he would of done a ballad, but he did a very upbeat song. He has gotten so comfortable on that stage and it shows more every week. For being so young, it is crazy how he works the audience and the camera, he is a pro! He also got attacked by girls from the audience who ran up at the end to hug him. I thought it was staged, but I guess it wasn't! I don't think he minded at all!! He will be safe, I predict he will be in the top 2!

Pia Toscano: "River Deep, Mountain High" by Tina Turner
Finally we get to see the rock side of Pia. She stepped away from her ballads and broke out an amazing, upbeat performance. We have been waiting since last week to hear her sing this song, and she didn't disappoint!! The only thing she needs to work on is the performance. The song is so upbeat and she just kinda walked around the stage slowly, other than that the vocal was amazing! She shouldn't worry about going home tonight.

Stefano Langone: "When A Man Loves A Woman"
Dear Stefano, please go home this week. I am so sick of him singing this kind of song, that I could puke. He was very off key, I don't know why the judges like him. He SHOULD be in the bottom 3 this week.

Paul McDonald: "Fulsome Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash
Paul is a maniac. He ruined a perfectly good Johnny Cash song. I couldn't even understand what he was saying. YET! The judges loved it. EWW. He better be in the bottom 3 this week, I am so done with him ruining songs!
Prediction: Bottom 3 will be Jacob, Paul, & Stefano. With either Paul or Stefano going home. This better be right because if Lauren goes home, i am done with Idol!

No comments:

Post a Comment