Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Week Predictions

The Top 9 on American Idol will have the daunting task of picking a song from Inductees of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Good luck with that!! On the other hand, American Idol probably only has the rights to 20 songs lol. I decided to give my predictions of some songs that the contestants could possibly do. I think that this week should be very exciting with all of the possible choices! Jeff Beck will be performing with all the contestants which will be freakin' awesome! Constantine Maroulis is set to perform on the result show...yuck.

  • Pia Toscano- She already said last week that she will sing "River Deep, Mountain High" by Tina & Ike Turner. I think this is an excellent choice as long as she does the Tina version not the Celine Dion version!
  • Scotty McCreery- He said that Elvis is a huge inspiration to him so I think he may slow it down and do a ballad. Either "Love Me Tender" or Cant Help Falling In Love." If he doesnt do Elvis I think he will stick with his country roots and do "I Walk the Line" by Johnny Cash., or "Im So Lonesome I Could Cry" by Hank Williams Sr. Another choice could be "Unchained Melody" by The Righteous Brothers. I think he will have another stellar week!
  • Lauren Alaina- I think my fave contestant will possibly sing "Son Of A Preacher Man" by Dusty Springfield, or maybe a Bonnie Raitt song like "Lets Give Them Something To Talk About". She could also do an amazing job on "When Will I Be Loved" from Linda Ronstadt, "Crying" by Roy Orbison, or "Landslide" from Fleetwood Mac but do the Dixie Chick version. I hope she has a good week and sticks around till the end!
  • Jacob Lusk- I would be extremly surprised if he doesnt perform one of these songs, since he is very predictable. My song choices for him are "The Winner Takes It All" by ABBA, Ray Charles' "Unchain My Heart" or "What A Wonderful World". Or possibly "Stand By Me" or "A Change Is Gonna Come". He needs to step it up if he doesnt want to be int he bottom 3 because I think his time is coming to go bye bye.
  • Haley Reinhart- She has surprised me, I though she would of gonhome by now. She will probably break out a Janis Joplin song like "Piece Of My Heart", or possibly a Fleetwood Mac song. Her rasp in her voice may also do good in Jefferson Airplanes "Somebody To Love or The Pretenders "Brass In Pocket". Actually I think she would do very well on The Pretenders, I really want to hear her sing that song now!!
  • Paul McDonald- Hopefully he goes ome this week, I just cant stand him. He will probably "TRY" and sing a song like "Free Fallin" by Tom Petty, or maybe ruin a Beatles song like "Hey Jude" Some other song choices, while they are good songs, he will likely make me hate them if he performs them are, "Along The Watchtower" by Bob Dylan of any James Taylor song. He needs to go away.
  • James Durbin- I think this will be another great week for him. He has so many excellent rock songs to pick from, well depending on thr rightds that Idol has. I think he will surprise us by doing a ballad, like possibly "Behind Blue Eyes" by The Who. I would love to see him sing an Aerosmith song, but not sure if he has the balls to do it in front of Steven Tyler!
  • Casey Abrams- He is another one who can go away this week. I really wish the judges didnt save him. I think he will probably sing a Van Morrison song, or maye break out his Bass and perform "Moon Dance. He could maybe do well on "HonkyTonk Woman" by The Rolling Stones or "Whipping Post" by The Allman Brothers. Either way, I guarantee I wont like it.
  • Stefano Langone- Along with Casey, and Paul, I think Stefano can go home. A guy definitly needs to go home this week, none of the remainng girls derserve too yet! He would probably try try and sing a Prince song, or possibly Chuck Berrys' "Johnny B. Good", or Billy Joels' "River of Dreams" on the piano.
So Im predicting and hoping that the bottom 3 will be Stefano, Casey, and Paul. I dont care who goes home as long as its one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment